Some Ahadith regarding Karbala


1- The Prophet (pbuh) said to either Aisha or Umm Salamah (ra): “An angel entered the house on me, he never entered on me before, and he said to me, 'This son of yours, Husain, will be killed, and if you wish I can show you the soil from the earth where he will be killed'. Then he took out some red soil”. [Musnad Ahmed: 26567; Classed Hasan by Shuaib al-Arna'oot and Sahih by Allama Albani in Silsilah as-Saheehah: 822]

2- Umm al-Fadl bint al-Harith (ra) narrated that she went in to see Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and said, "Messenger of Allah, I had an objectionable dream last night." He asked what it was and she replied, "It was terrible." He asked, "But what was it?" She replied, "I seemed to see a piece of your body cut off and placed in my lap." He said, "You have seen something good. If Allah wills Fatimah will give birth to a son who will be in your lap." Fatimah then gave birth to Husain who was placed in my lap as Allah's Messenger (pbuh) had said.
One day I went in to see Allah's messenger and placed Husain in his lap. I turned round, and noticing tears falling from the eyes of Allah's Messenger, I said, "Prophet of Allah, for whom I would give my father and mother as ransom, what is the matter with you?" He replied, "Gabriel came to me and informed me that my people will kill this son of mine." I asked if he really meant this one and he replied, "Yes, and he brought me some of its red soil (I.e. of the land where he will be killed)." [Mustadrak Haakim: 4818; Classed Sahih by Allama Albani in Silsilah as-Saheehah: 821]

3- Abdullah bin Nujayy narrated from his father, that he traveled with Ali (ra), and he used to carry his purifying water. When they were next to Nainawa on his way to Siffin, Ali called, “Be patient, Oh Abu Abdullah (the kunyah of Husain), be patient Oh Abu Abdullah by the banks of the Euphrates. I [Nujayy] said, “What did he say?”. He [Ali] said, “I entered upon the Prophet (pbuh) one day and his eyes were flowing with tears. I said, 'O Prophet of Allah, has someone upset you? Why are your eyes flowing with tears?'. He said: "No but Jibreel left me a while ago. He told me that Husain would be killed on the banks of the Euphrates. And he [Jibreel] said: 'Would you like to smell his soil (the soil of the land where he will fall)?' I (pbuh) said, 'Yes'. He stretched out his hand and picked up a handful of soil and gave it to me, and I could not help but weep." [Musnad Ahmed: 648; Classed Sahih by Allama Albani in Silsilah as-Saheehah: 1171]

4- Ibn Abbas (ra) said: I saw the Prophet (pbuh) in a dream when I slept in the middle of the day; (he appeared) disheveled and dusty, and he had with him a bottle in which there was blood that he was picking up or something that he was putting in it. I said: 'O Messenger of Allah, what is this?'
He said: "The blood of Husain and his companions; I have been collecting it all day."
Ammar said: We remembered that day, and we found out that he had been killed on that day. (i.e. when the news reached, they found out that he was indeed martyred on the day that Ibn Abbas had seen the dream). [Musnad Ahmed: 2165; Classed Sahih by ٍShu'aib al-Arna'oot, and Albani in Mishkat al-Masabih: 6172]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using “Alaihis-Salam” (عليه السلام) for the Ahle bait

Banu Umayyah, The Ahle Bait & The Road to Karbala In the Light of 50 Authentic Ahadith

Being Part of the Best Ummah